Outlook doesn't format text/plain in sent emails RRS feed

• Question

• It looks like Outlook is not formatting emails in the text/plain content correctly. In text/html, quoted messages appear in <blockquote>s, but in text/plain they don't. In fact, there is no marker at all! It should look like this:

> John wrote:

> Do you get it?

Yes I do

And not like this, which Outlook apparently does:

John wrote:

Do you get it?

Yes I do

Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean that the text format of the mail on the sender and the receiver is different?

Please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

If possible, could you please provide me with the screenshot about your issue?

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:39 AM
  • I'm not using Outlook, but another third party email client that doesn't support HTML, which is why emails sent from Outlook that contain text/html cannot be read and instead my email client uses text/plain. The message in text/plain does not contain any ">" for quoted messages. Hope that cleared it up. :)
    Friday, May 24, 2019 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Does this problem occur when the sender sends a message to a user who uses an Outlook client?

According to your description, the issue may related to your third party email client. So it is also suggested to consult the provider of your email client for some information.

Regards

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, May 31, 2019 8:52 AM