none
Can a Custom Enterprise field be created which would be similar to the "Resource Group" field? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Can a Custom Enterprise field be created which would be similar in functionality to the resource GROUP field.  i.e., Task "Resource Group" field?  The source of our data would be from the resource GROUP field which we would then use to group assignments in a Task Usage view.

We would like to be able to group assignments within the Task Usage view.  It seems that the "Resource Group" field is the only one that permits this?  Is there any other field we can customize for this?  Ideally, we hoping that we can have such a field work via a lookup table.

FWIW, we are using Project Server 2013 (Online).

Thanks in advance.

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

• Edited by Spiro Theopoulos Monday, January 12, 2015 7:13 PM more clarification
    Monday, January 12, 2015 6:54 PM

Answers

• Sorry, no. Only Resource name, initials and group are visible in a Task View such as Task Usage.

So either use Resource Initials or Resource Group.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Monday, January 12, 2015 8:09 PM
  • The Resource Assignments option in the Resource View lets you do this, but I assume you want to group tasks within resources.

A workaround is to use Resource Assignments and group by Task Hierarchy. Yes it is true that there is no Task Hierarchy in the dropdown, but it can be added via a macro.

Here is a link to instructions on how to create "Task Hierarchy" in the Resource View. I have used and it works:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/2013/05/31/project-server-2010-unable-to-add-summary-task-to-resource-assignments-view/

Sunday, February 7, 2016 1:37 PM

All replies

• Sorry, no. Only Resource name, initials and group are visible in a Task View such as Task Usage.

So either use Resource Initials or Resource Group.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Monday, January 12, 2015 8:09 PM
  • The Resource Assignments option in the Resource View lets you do this, but I assume you want to group tasks within resources.

A workaround is to use Resource Assignments and group by Task Hierarchy. Yes it is true that there is no Task Hierarchy in the dropdown, but it can be added via a macro.

Here is a link to instructions on how to create "Task Hierarchy" in the Resource View. I have used and it works:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/projectsupport/2013/05/31/project-server-2010-unable-to-add-summary-task-to-resource-assignments-view/

Sunday, February 7, 2016 1:37 PM