none
Hyperlink doesn't open the file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I insert a hyperlink to a task to open a Word file. In 2007, after insert it, with one click over the hyperlink the document opened. I tried to do the same in 2010 and it is not opening. Does anybody know why?

Alexandre
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 3:10 PM

Answers

• Hello Alexandre,

I don't know the "why" but I can confirm that I see the same thing.  Adding the Hyperlink field to the table doesn't seem to help either.  Only by pressing the CTRL key before clicking on the hyperlink icon in the Indicator column does it appear to work.  The issue is for both hyperlinks to files, to web addresses, and to other views.  A quick check of the connect site didn't turn up anything logged before.

However, I will add that the need to hold down the CTRL key to "follow" a hyperlink also appears in Word 2007 as well as Word 2010.  Excel seems to operate as Project used to -- the hyperlinks were "clickable" without the need to hold down the CTRL key.  Word 2007 does have the ability to make hyperlinks clickable without having to hold down the CTRL key, but I  could not find any such switch in Project 2010.

I hope this helps.
    Julie

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:35 PM

All replies

• Hello Alexandre,

I don't know the "why" but I can confirm that I see the same thing.  Adding the Hyperlink field to the table doesn't seem to help either.  Only by pressing the CTRL key before clicking on the hyperlink icon in the Indicator column does it appear to work.  The issue is for both hyperlinks to files, to web addresses, and to other views.  A quick check of the connect site didn't turn up anything logged before.

However, I will add that the need to hold down the CTRL key to "follow" a hyperlink also appears in Word 2007 as well as Word 2010.  Excel seems to operate as Project used to -- the hyperlinks were "clickable" without the need to hold down the CTRL key.  Word 2007 does have the ability to make hyperlinks clickable without having to hold down the CTRL key, but I  could not find any such switch in Project 2010.

I hope this helps.
    Julie

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:35 PM
  • Even when I use the CTRL key the hyperlink only opens to a certain point in the tree and then stops. It seems as if it will not go as deep into the folders as needed, it only goes to the first level on the specified drive. Has anyone experienced this phenomenon, if so was there a solution found.

Thanks for the help.

Thursday, March 8, 2012 3:11 PM