Dynamic lettered bullets complication RRS feed

• Question

• Maybe a simple question, but I am editing a very large technical directive (150 pages) witha  long list of references.  Of course, I want to make the list dynamic so that I don't have to re-letter them every time I add or delete a reference.  

The problem is that, due to the strict rules of formatting in my organization, the bulleted list must start on the same line as "Ref:   (a) ..."

Is it possible to have a real numbered (lettered) list that looks like this, particular emphasis on the complication of the "Ref:" before the list?

Ref:   (a) BlahA

(b) BlahB

(c) BlahC

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:38 PM

Answers

• NosniboR80,

Use a 2 column Table no borders. "Ref:" Column 1 and (a) numbering Column 2.

Kind regards

Janine

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Sunday, June 9, 2013 12:31 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 12:27 PM
  • Do you mean you have to type "Ref:" followed by the sequence numbers? The tables suggestion is good. You could also use the {SEQ} field code to generate your numbers. It is the predecessor function to the bullets and numbering feature

This page has an example of what you are doing:

http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/numbering.htm#SequenceFields

in the "interrogatories" section.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:32 AM

All replies

• NosniboR80,

Use a 2 column Table no borders. "Ref:" Column 1 and (a) numbering Column 2.

Kind regards

Janine

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 12:27 PM
  • Do you mean you have to type "Ref:" followed by the sequence numbers? The tables suggestion is good. You could also use the {SEQ} field code to generate your numbers. It is the predecessor function to the bullets and numbering feature

This page has an example of what you are doing:

http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/numbering.htm#SequenceFields

in the "interrogatories" section.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:32 AM