Outlook folder collapsing when try to move in between folders. RRS feed

• Question

• whenever trying to copy an email from one folder to another folder the folders list is collapsed. recently PC has been changed and started have this issue.

i have another mailbox added to my email. on my old machine whenever i try to copy an email between folders the folders were opened with the last opened folder. but now it will not do that. now every time i tried to copy any email between folders i have open them and find the folders.

does anybody why would this happen? 

FYI, the machine is running office 365 pro

Thursday, July 27, 2017 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you copy emails from one folder to another one? Did you do it via right-clicking on the email > Move > Copy to Folder?

By 'the folders list' do you mean the folder list in the Copy Items dialog or in the Outlook left pane?

Does this issue continue when we try starting Outlook in safe mode? To do this, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter.

Besides, users who encountering a similar issue were able to fix it by moving the inbox in the folder structure underneath another folder such as drafts or sent items and then moving it back again. You may also have a try with this and see whether it helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, July 28, 2017 9:06 AM
    Friday, July 28, 2017 5:18 AM