Analyst Portal Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am having problems with the analyst portal. I am runing SCSM 2010 SP1 CU3 with the (unmodified) portal source from Travis'. All users that are assigned to the End User role but no other role in SCSM cannot access the assigned review and manual activities using the Analyst Portal. The Analyst Portal start screen shows:

The user does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation. Failed to get change requests assigned to me. The user does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation. Failed to get my change requests to review. The user does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.Failed to get my manual change requests.

On the web server which is running the portals I found the following errors in the Operations Manager Event Log:

An exception was thrown while processing GetConnectedUserAdGroups for session ID InProc.
    Exception message: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.
    Full Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: The user 4[Domain]\[Username] does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.).

I have ensured that the user is a member of the End User role, and also the user account I tried it with has several activities assigned to it. Am I missing some permissions or anything else that needs to be set? Please also note that the EndUser portal is working properly, i.e. the same user can create and update incidents through the portal.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Friday, February 3, 2012 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

The end user role is limited and its main use is for the non IT user.

Create a role based on the Activity Implementers to address your requirements for Activity tasks.

Friday, February 3, 2012 10:12 PM