Google Chrome extensions to app-v package RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we try to create App-V package of Chrome browser.

It is mostly usial operation, but, i try to put all needed to me google extentions into my package. I create package, than modify it.

Download all extentions in .crx format and put it into files of chrome (screen - there are preinstalled google extentions). But it's go wrong, new extentions always fall into the wrong directory like i put files from desktop, not in structure of Chrome Application.

So in general, can add extensions inside chrome app-V so that they are preinstalled and work in Google Chrome App-V application?

sorry for the quality of the screenshot

• Edited by xAxellx Friday, April 17, 2020 8:13 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2020 8:01 AM

All replies

• I usually launch chrome in the sequencer and download them from within the app - seems to work fine.  You might give that a go and see where they go in that package, then copy/paste should be OK.

App-V MVP & CTP Fellow. Author of AppV books: PowerShell with App-V 5, The Application Book, & Window Caching (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books)

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 12:13 PM
  • I usually never launch Chrome in the sequencer, as I don't want the profile tied to the package. I want to be able to re-sequence it, or deploy it to replace their existing native install without hijacking their profile.

You can configure the master preferences for many things but never tried to do extensions that way. You can however manage all aspects of Chrome including extensions via group policy, I think the Chrome Enterprise bundle contains the ADMX templates?

packageology.com

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 5:02 PM
  • Thanks for help. I set up my extensions after installation of chrome succesfully.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:06 AM