locked
Error while installing Dashboard Desginer Download : Downloading PSCBuilder.exe.manifest did not succeed RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

     

    I just installed PPS on a WSS server and completed the configuration successfully.

    However, when clicking on the "Run" button on the Monitoring central, the installation starts but always failed with the following error:

     

    Code Snippet

     * Activation of http://My Server/DesignerInstall/">http://My Server/DesignerInstall/ resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Downloading http://MyServer:MyPort/DesignerInstall/3.0/PSCBuilder.exe.manifest"><FONT< A> color=#000000>http://MyServer:MyPort/DesignerInstall/3.0/PSCBuilder.exe.manifest did not succeed.
      + The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

     

     

    When I try to browse the http://MyServer:MyPort/DesignerInstall, I can see the files in the directory (I granted the Directory browsing right)

     

    When I try to browse the http://MyServer:MyPort/DesignerInstall/3.0/ (Which works) , I get a HTTP 404 error when I click on any file....

     

    I have set up my service account on the IIS Application Pool, have granted rights to all user to browse the 3.0 and subdirectoriers on the server but to no result.

     

    This works on both my server and my remote machine, both running the .NET 2.0 Framework.

     

    Do you have any idea why thios should be?

     

    Thanks in advance,

     

    William

    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:32 PM

Answers

  • Ok, I found the answer to my question.

     

    The problem was due to a setting  in the URLScan on the server : setting AllowDotInPath to 1 in the URLScan.ini solved my problem.

     

    Now, I have to deal with a WebService/PmService.asmx runtime error....

     

    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:34 PM

All replies

  • I just figured out that, on my IIS 6 server, I can browse a "30" folder but not a identical "3.0" folder.

    I guess my problem comes from there, since everything within the "3.0" folder returns a 404 file not found error.

     

    Still, I have no idea on how to fix it...

     

    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:03 PM
  • Ok, I found the answer to my question.

     

    The problem was due to a setting  in the URLScan on the server : setting AllowDotInPath to 1 in the URLScan.ini solved my problem.

     

    Now, I have to deal with a WebService/PmService.asmx runtime error....

     

    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:34 PM