none
Changing from a "last user to login" to "default user" login prompt model

Question

• I manage the Networks for several companies remotely and not all users are computer friendly enough to know both their username and password, only their Password. So, when doing maintenance and I log on to a PC as an administrator or other user I will often get a call the next day that their "password is not working" because it is using the last logged on user, which this time is me.

Is it possible in any way to set either a default domain user, or set it to a most often logged on model instead of the current last user or the alternative of prompting for user name every time?

ijerry

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:46 PM

Answers

• Hi ijerryjones,

Thank you for your question.

There is a similar case, we could refer to the following link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/7fb857b3-a760-40fb-a8be-a14ffa285214/i-need-to-be-able-to-change-the-default-domainuser-logon-prompt?forum=w7itprosecurity 

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:33 AM