none
Cannot see a "Create Person" requests on IDs created on FIM MA Export RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm encountering an issue, not sure if it's an issue at all, but I thought that every action in portal should have it's request, especially an object creation, and altought objects are created (on FIMMA Export) - have the "Creator" set to Built-in Synchronization account and a Creation Time I cannot see the creation requests in Portal. What I can see are only "System Event Requests" by FIM Service account which basically are a triggers from some additional custom MPR on those creations I cannot see. Could anyone advise if it's normal and why the "Create Person" requests cannot be seen after FIM MA Export which actually created those objects ? (I can only see some "Create msidmCompositeType:''" Requests)

Thanks for any suggestions

Regards

Bart

• Edited by bglowacki1 Sunday, November 2, 2014 8:25 PM
    Sunday, November 2, 2014 8:23 PM

Answers

• Hello,

As said by peter, it's due to the "aggregate function" of FIM MA. When FIM MA exports lot of modification, it creates an object called msdidmCompositeType. This object replaces all requests.

If you don't want this function and you want have one request per modification (used for MPR for example), you have to edit the miiserver.exe.config file in BIN folder of Synchronization Service installation folder, and add the attribute aggregate="false" like following :

Find current entry: <resourceSynchronizationClient />

And replace by : <resourceSynchronizationClient aggregate="false"/>

Note that it could reduce performance...

Regards,

Antho

• Marked as answer by bglowacki1 Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:11 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

you are on the right way.

The "Create" requests will be in the msidmCompositeType request, as since R2 these are batch requests for multiple objects and attribute changes.

On export to FIM MA by default up to 1000 changes are processed in one msidmCompositeType request.

This speeds up exporting to portal a lot.

I have a article on my blog on how to search in this request resource type:

https://justidm.wordpress.com/2013/10/06/fim-2010-r2-searching-for-request-details-in-msidmcompositetype/

You can try by preview in MV for example to only export one change (create) to FIM MA, then you should see the normal "Create person...." request.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Monday, November 3, 2014 7:33 AM
  • Hi Bart, it is a normal behaviour - Users created by FIM MA are shown as Create msidmCompositeType:'Dominik Trojnar' Request.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Monday, November 3, 2014 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

in addition, if msidmCompsiteType requests contains multiple objects or objects creations you will find a request without "name" in request history:

Like: Create msidmCompositeType:'' Request.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Monday, November 3, 2014 7:52 AM
  • Hello,

As said by peter, it's due to the "aggregate function" of FIM MA. When FIM MA exports lot of modification, it creates an object called msdidmCompositeType. This object replaces all requests.

If you don't want this function and you want have one request per modification (used for MPR for example), you have to edit the miiserver.exe.config file in BIN folder of Synchronization Service installation folder, and add the attribute aggregate="false" like following :

Find current entry: <resourceSynchronizationClient />

And replace by : <resourceSynchronizationClient aggregate="false"/>

Note that it could reduce performance...

Regards,

Antho

• Marked as answer by bglowacki1 Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:11 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 2:15 PM
  • Hello,

I was off for quite a while thanks for all quick responses, FIM have such a really great community. Yes indeed I noticed that sometime I was able to see Create Person request, but while I created/synchronized a lot of ID's (source SQL MA) I was able to only see 1 Create msdidmCompositeType request.

What was a bit unusual to me was that for a larger 'test' batch of creations (>50) I noticed 2 of these:

Create msidmCompositeType: 'John133 Doe' Request 2014-11-29 09:00:25 Completed Built-in Synchronization Account Create
    Create msidmCompositeType: 'John102 Doe' Request 2014-11-29 09:00:25 Completed Built-in Synchronization Account Create

Which contained in the Display Name of request most probably a Display Name of some random ID from the batch (actually 2 in this case).

In addition to this seems that actually MPR has triggered for all of ID's in the batch. It's a Request type MPR on 'Create' by 'Built in sync account' and the attribute values which should be calculated by the workflows attached to this MPR were calculated.

I'm just wondering what if some error happen on one of these accounts (PostProcessingError) if it would be easy to find this error/details in order to investigate the cause.

Thanks again.

Regards
    Bart

Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:22 AM