While Browsing SSAS 2005 Cube Getting Error " The following system error occurred from a call to GetOverlappedResult for Physical file: Logical file: '' : Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

When I try to Brows Cube (SSAS 2005), I get below error (Sometimes):

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services
    ------------------------------

Server: The operation has been cancelled.
    The following system error occurred from a call to GetOverlappedResult for Physical file: '\\?\F:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\XXX_2012.0.db\XXX DC.0.cub\FACT_XXX.0.det\PARTITION_2013Q31.0.prt\674.fact.data', Logical file: '' : Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. .

The following system error occurred from a call to GetOverlappedResult for Physical file: '\\?\F:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\XXX_2012.0.db\XXX DC.0.cub\FACT_XXX.0.det\PARTITION_2013Q23.0.prt\385.fact.data', Logical file: '' : Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. .

BUTTONS:

OK

and I think due to above Error, Index on a Particular Attribute (EMP_ID) of a DIMENSION DIM_EMP is getting dropped from FEW of the Partitions (Folders) and started getting new error:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services

File system error: The following error occurred while opening the file '\\?\F:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\XXX_2012.0.db\XXX DC.0.cub\FACT_XXX.0.det\PARTITION_2013Q31.0.prt\688.DIM_EMO.EMP_ID.fact.map'.

BUTTONS:

OK

I followed the above path and did not find file 688.DIM_EMO.EMP_ID.fact.map in folder PARTITION_2013Q31.0.prt. Once I rebuild the Index (ProcessIndex) for this partition, I am able to See file 688.DIM_EMO.EMP_ID.fact.map.

But again when next time I get error "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service", Then 688.DIM_EMO.EMP_ID.fact.map will be dropped and will not be available in folder PARTITION_2013Q31.0.prt.

Anyone had similar issue. Could you please share your experience and resolution if any.

Thanks Shiven:) If Answer is Helpful, Please Vote

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Shiven,

In your scenario, the issue occur at sometimes, right? Base on my research, the issue can be caused by that calculation estimate exceeded available memory. Possibly due to possible number of dimension members and sizes of keys. And 32bit environment didn’t allow for any expansion to the SSAS memory space.

To avoid this issue, please try to use userva to fine tune the 3GB setting down to 2900 since /3GB is the likely
    cause (has been for most other customers who encountered the same problem before). The KB Articles below discuss that setting in detail.
    How to use the /userva switch with the /3GB switch to tune the User-mode space to a value between 2 GB and 3 GB

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Sunday, April 6, 2014 12:45 PM
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:01 AM