Windows 10 Home Video TDR failure nvlddmkm.sys error RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting the wonderful "video TDR failure nvlddmkm.sys error while using my PC with Windows 10 Home edition. No matter what I'm doing or even if the PC is idle and neglected, the error message pops up right after the black screen and then the PC boots. I do have an NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS graphics card. From Google and MSN I understood the problem was with the card drivers. As of today all updates have been loaded. The error continues. I'm willing to buy a different card if that is what it takes. 

My PC is used for business and it has to work or I don't. From other site posts I have been advised to copy a dmp file which I've done. Now I just don't know what to do next to get help.

What is the next step or a solution?

JC in Georgia

Friday, October 30, 2015 4:17 PM

All replies

• I have the NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS graphics card and have been working with NVIDIA support on the issue. They are telling me that this is a Microsoft issue. They have released three updates to address the problem on there end since Windows 10 was released. I upgraded to an NVIDIA GeForce 210 hoping that would resolve it but the issue remains the same. I never had this problem with Windows 8.1. Waiting to hear back from NVIDIA support on what they suggest now.
    Sunday, December 6, 2015 7:30 AM