none
Submission Queue Backing Up Due To Deleted Journaling Mailbox

Question

• I have a journaling question. I recently got promoted and was given responsibility over our Exchange 2013 server and Barracuda Message Archiver. While working on something with Barracuda a few months back, we reconfigured Journaling from an Exchange POP3 account with a mailbox and went to SMTP journaling. We noticed over the weekend that the leftover journaling mailbox was growing inexplicably. We got on the phone with Barracuda and they stated that we didn't need that account/mailbox anymore and we deleted it. I now have noticed that in my Exchange Submission queue, I have over 4000 messages stating that the Journaling account cannot be located and the queue is continuing to grow. We checked the database maintenance settings and they are all configured to use the message Archiver journaling exchange contact and not the Journaling mailbox. The Barracuda Archiver is successfully receiving and archiving new messages. What do I need to do to keep exchange from trying to resend to the Journaling mailbox and clear the submission queue? I'm at a loss. 
    Friday, May 19, 2017 5:55 PM

All replies

• Make sure that there's no journal recipient specified on any mailbox databases.  Make sure that you don't have a journal rule.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, May 21, 2017 12:16 AM
  • Hi,

We haven't heard back from you yet, and I'm just writing to see if you have had an opportunity to try the suggestions that provided above. If it helps please help to mark as answer.

If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post to our forum.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 6:35 AM