how to reset regedit to default? RRS feed

• Question

• i want to reset my regedit to default....how can i fix it..

some files of my windows registry are missing.....any body help how to fix it..??

actually problem in my view setting....when i change the view setting of my computer or any else folder...it will change automatically on the next open.....it was not permanently change..:(

and the font of my folders has been changed....i want to reset all of this setting...

anyone help me restore this setting......

i do not know is this a virus or missing of my windows files...

thanks....

Friday, March 13, 2015 7:42 AM

Answers

• Re-install Windows by selecting "Upgrade" selection. BUT IF YOU STILL ABLE TO LOG IN WINDOWS, open Command Prompt then type: sfc /scannow

that command line help you to repair missing system file. And don't forget to activate your Antivirus, It's REALLY IMPORTANT

• Edited by ThorIQ Friday, March 13, 2015 4:28 PM to remind activate the antivirus
    • Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, March 23, 2015 9:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:05 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 4:25 PM
  • Hi IT-HUB,

The main issue is that the view setting of the folder has corrupted ,right ? Have you done any modifications to the machines ?

"i do not know is this a virus or missing of my windows files..."

We can perform a full scan with a antivirus software and run "sfc /scannow " as ThorIQ suggested to have a check of the system .

Please also take the following step to have a check :
    1.Open the Windows Explorer ,choose "Organize", "Folder and search options ",choose "Restore defaults" options of all the three tabs.

2.Run the following fixit tool to have a diagnostic and repair
    Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag/en-hk?wa=wsignin1.0

3.Login with another account or create a new account and login with it to have a check .

4.If the issue occurred recently,we can try to perform a system restore to recover the machine to a previous point to have a check .

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:44 AM

All replies

• Re-install Windows by selecting "Upgrade" selection. BUT IF YOU STILL ABLE TO LOG IN WINDOWS, open Command Prompt then type: sfc /scannow

that command line help you to repair missing system file. And don't forget to activate your Antivirus, It's REALLY IMPORTANT

• Edited by ThorIQ Friday, March 13, 2015 4:28 PM to remind activate the antivirus
    • Proposed as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, March 23, 2015 9:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Wednesday, March 25, 2015 10:05 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 4:25 PM
  • Hi IT-HUB,

The main issue is that the view setting of the folder has corrupted ,right ? Have you done any modifications to the machines ?

"i do not know is this a virus or missing of my windows files..."

We can perform a full scan with a antivirus software and run "sfc /scannow " as ThorIQ suggested to have a check of the system .

Please also take the following step to have a check :
    1.Open the Windows Explorer ,choose "Organize", "Folder and search options ",choose "Restore defaults" options of all the three tabs.

2.Run the following fixit tool to have a diagnostic and repair
    Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag/en-hk?wa=wsignin1.0

3.Login with another account or create a new account and login with it to have a check .

4.If the issue occurred recently,we can try to perform a system restore to recover the machine to a previous point to have a check .

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:44 AM