display content RRS feed

• Question

• We are having a very weird issue. If you visit a site like www.511.org in the middle of their home page you should see a live map of traffic in your area.   On some of our Internet Explorer 11 machines you see this map and on others you don't.   So I figured it was a GPO setting.  Well the same thing happens on Chrome web browsers.   most Chrome browsers go to www.511.org and they Don't see the live map.  We have absolutely no GPO's in place that deal with Chrome.  

I've confirmed that our GPO's apply to IE 8,9,10&11. 

All of our GPO's that deal with IE are USER settings.  

I've used my own ID to log into many different machines, on some I see the map and on some I don't.

Using my ID I've logged into different machines that use Chrome and sometimes I see the map and sometimes I don't.

It is not just 511.org either.   it is many many sites.   I've even added these sites to the Trusted Site list and it still does not fix the issue.

what is causing this behavior on both IE and Chrome?   Thank you. 

mqh7

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Although you applied group policy in Internet Explorer, it doesn't mean that the policy could not affect other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox. Due to some policy will modify the registry on proxy or protocol port and so on, these registry keys will also affect other browsers.

Therefore, we would like to suggest you check the group policy on Internet Explorer. You could find a test machine, then let the PC out of domain temporarily. After that, check the issue again. It will help you to determine whether it is the group policy causing the issue.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Simon  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 1:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have already read your issue. After you test, it proves that the issue may not related to group policy settings. We would first consider that the issue caused by the proxy server.

Please go to "Tools" > 'Internet Options" > “Connections" > "LAN Settings" > uncheck "use a proxy server for your LAN".

If it doesn't work, we would consider the issue is caused by the website incompatibility. Please use compatibility mode to view the site.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

Also, update the flash Activex or other add-ons to test the issue.

Best Regards,

Simon 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 3:19 AM
  • I do not have any proxy set.   I have added a few of the broken web sites into the compatibility mode, close IE and re-opened it.  Same error.   I then installed the latest Flash Player.  Close IE and re-opened it.  Same error.

What else can I try?  

mqh7

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 3:35 PM
  • Hi mqh7,

Since it is not caused by the proxy server, we would like to suggest you check DNS server address. You could manually set DNS address in "Properties" of the network adapter.

Also, have you tried to turn off Tracking Protection and ActiveX Filtering.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-tracking-protection#ie=ie-11

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-activex-filtering#ie=ie-11

If it still doesn't work, we would like to suggest you go to "Control Panel" > "Uninstall a program" > "Turn features on or off". Then uncheck "Internet Explorer 11" and click “Ok". After that, check the option again.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards,

Simon

Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:30 AM
  • what we have discovered is this.   All sites work fine when IE 9 is installed.   Both Chrome and IE 9 can bring up www.511.org or the Amazon.com Login page etc...etc... and they render.  It is only when IE 11 is installed that both IE 11 and Chrome can no longer render pages.    We even tried this on a machine that had IE 9, Chrome and Firefox.  Once IE 11 was installed all 3 browsers could not render pages.

So what on earth is IE 11 doing? 

mqh7

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:57 PM
  • Hi,

Although you applied group policy in Internet Explorer, it doesn't mean that the policy could not affect other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox. Due to some policy will modify the registry on proxy or protocol port and so on, these registry keys will also affect other browsers.

Therefore, we would like to suggest you check the group policy on Internet Explorer. You could find a test machine, then let the PC out of domain temporarily. After that, check the issue again. It will help you to determine whether it is the group policy causing the issue.

Best Regards,

Simon  

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 1:31 AM