Multi tenant skype4business and Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a skype 4 business enterprise setup which we will be using as a hosted skype4b solution to smbs. We currently have a customer utilizing office 365 for exchange, skype and sharepoint using adfs and dirsync with their current infrastructure.

This customer would like to add enterprise voice to their office365 skype by utilising our hosted skype solution. can we setup a hybrid setup to allow this while or would the customer need to have their own dedicated skype4business solution on premise?

any guidance on this would be grateful.

Monday, November 16, 2015 6:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Base on my understanding, they should set up Skype for Business Server environment for each corporations.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Monday, December 7, 2015 2:04 AM
    Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:44 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, that is the part I found interesting about your original post: having an on-prem Skype for Business multitenant environment. As Microsoft does not provide such an offering in Skype for Business Server 2015 (the last Multitenant version was in Lync Server 2013), you must be doing something custom in your environment to achieve that separation of tenants. While I am definitely interested in what would happen in such a custom multitenant environment when Enterprise Voice functionality is added, I am not sure how the segregation of tenants would remain in-tact on the Voice side without a TON of DIDs. 

For a customer like that that wants advanced Enterprise Voice functionality rather than the Cloud PBX features they can get with Skype for Business Online now, and that does not have their own on-prem environment, you may want to explore Skype for Business Cloud Connector edition with them: https://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/mt605227.aspx. This would be an on-prem solution for them, but it would be minimal infrastructure, and therefore licensing costs, which would give their Online users access to On-Prem PSTN Connectivity.

I hope this helps with some options.

-Regards,

Josh B. | MCSE: Communication; MCSA: Office 365
    My FREE eBook: Skype for Business Hybrid Handbook
    Website & Blog: http://www.get-csjosh.com | View
 Josh Blalock's LinkedIn profileView Josh Blalock's profile

Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For Skype for Business Hybrid environment, both On-Premises and Online users could use Enterprise function with the following configuration, so the customer can deploy a Skype for Business On-Premises environment and perform Hybrid to achieve it:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt455212.aspx

Also, for Skype for Business Online, you can contact Microsoft partners to confirm if there is a product will support Enterprise Voice function for Skype for Business Online.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:14 AM
  • I understand how to achive a hybrid deployment for companies who have thier own on premise skype4business solution with office 365.

The issue I have is we have a shared hosted skype for business platform that multiple companies will use for enterprise voice. some of these companies will be having o365 for email. this means if they want voicemail I need to find away of getting a single skype for business solution to communicate with multiple o365 deployments.

can this be done or does each company have to have their own personal skype 4 business setup?

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:38 PM
  • Hi,

Base on my understanding, they should set up Skype for Business Server environment for each corporations.

Best Regards

Eason Huang

Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:44 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, that is the part I found interesting about your original post: having an on-prem Skype for Business multitenant environment. As Microsoft does not provide such an offering in Skype for Business Server 2015 (the last Multitenant version was in Lync Server 2013), you must be doing something custom in your environment to achieve that separation of tenants. While I am definitely interested in what would happen in such a custom multitenant environment when Enterprise Voice functionality is added, I am not sure how the segregation of tenants would remain in-tact on the Voice side without a TON of DIDs. 

For a customer like that that wants advanced Enterprise Voice functionality rather than the Cloud PBX features they can get with Skype for Business Online now, and that does not have their own on-prem environment, you may want to explore Skype for Business Cloud Connector edition with them: https://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/mt605227.aspx. This would be an on-prem solution for them, but it would be minimal infrastructure, and therefore licensing costs, which would give their Online users access to On-Prem PSTN Connectivity.

I hope this helps with some options.

-Regards,

Josh B. | MCSE: Communication; MCSA: Office 365
    My FREE eBook: Skype for Business Hybrid Handbook
    Website & Blog: http://www.get-csjosh.com | View
 Josh Blalock's LinkedIn profileView Josh Blalock's profile

Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:27 PM