Application Error : The instruction at 0x00000000786 referenced memory at 0x00000000777 The memory could not be read. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using numbers of windows systems (Windows 10 Pro : Version 1803 (OS build 17134.648)). No changes in system, except windows updates installation from last one year.

From last three months, I am getting this error when jar (java) application is running on it. This error doesn't comes on regular basis but it comes randomly. Some time it occurs twice a week or sometime it doesn't occur in a week.

I can't access Safe Mode of all these systems. I can see java errors in Problem Reports. I have tried below solutions :

- Increased Virtual Memory, JAVA Heap Space

- Run disk checker

- Run System Maintenance and Memory Diagnostic Tool

- JAVA software upgrade (JRE version 8 update 202 (32 bit))

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Ravi Paneliya.

That error message indicates that a memory access violation occurred.
    Does the problem happen for every Java application?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:25 AM
  • Hi,

Please try the following methods and check if they are helpful: 

1. Install the latest updates and update drivers to make sure the machine is up-to-date.

2. If you have anti-virus software or any type of real-time Internet traffic scanning software, make sure to disable it and see if the problem goes away. If a program is scanning web traffic, you can get the referenced memory error.

3. Run SFC /scannow command to scan the integrity of operating system files.

4. Uninstall Old Versions of Java Runtime: 

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/free-software-downloads/remove-old-versions-of-java-runtime-environment-jre-using-javara/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 3:26 AM
  • Is there a reason to still use the 32bit JRE?

try to get a stack trace, or finding the reason for the crash is impossible.
    Compare the information you gave to the one in this post: Exception Access Violation in JRE
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:07 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything I can do for you?

If you have any problems or concerns, please feel free to post here. 

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 20, 2019 9:25 AM