none
active directory password authentication

Question

• i created link a client to the server.After it restarted and i pressed Ctrl+ALt+Del.Its requested for password and i type the password of the account i created in AD but prompted wrong password. So i left the text field empty and i pressed enter to my surprise, it log-in with out  typing any password. what can i do to include user in typing their password before they gain access to their computers.

Please and please, thanks for the support.

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This behavior is caused by the fact that there is no password for the account.

You may set password for the account by right-clicking username to select Reset Password in Active Directory users and computers. You need to type new password and confirm password on Reset Password window.

To enable password meet complexity requirements, you could set group policy for domain user in password policy.

Computer configuration\policy\windows setting\security setting\account policies

For more information about password policy, you could refer to the article below.

Account Policy Settings

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc757692%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 8:55 AM
  • Thanks.

The account has a password already which i set, never to expire.

So, resetting is just the same.What do you think?

I appreciate the response.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

I don’t quite understand the part “I created link a client to server”, would you please clarify?

Thank you,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 3:29 AM