voicemail distinction for busy and no answer calls RRS feed

• Question

• We recently migrated (are completing the migration) from Avaya to Lync for our voice (etc.) system. Overall I am impressed with Lync versus Avaya but one thing that is notably missing and seems to come to my attention on a daily basis is the fact that Lync, unlike Avaya, does not allow users to set different voicemail responses based on user activity criteria. Specifically, I mean that when on a call, it would be great if the Lync voicemail would allow you to set a voicemail that told a second incoming caller that you were on the line versus a different voicemail if you were, say, away from the office or perhaps a third voicemail that allowed you to tell users you were out on long term travel. Does anyone know of third party options (other than unifysquare which is mainly for busy signal responses) or whether Microsoft intends to add this feature in the near future?
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:31 PM

Answers

• by clicking on "Display Voicemail Options" on "Phone" tab you can setup different voicemail rules, but not diferent voicemail greeting based on presence.

not aware of addon, but there could be. I would presume using UCMA something could be done.

as far as future plans, msft has begun to take the apple approach to the future: quiet. ;-)

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public
    • Proposed as answer by Matt LandisMVP Friday, October 14, 2011 11:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:02 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:52 PM
  • At present, Lync has no this options. But I think maybe it can be developed using LYNC API SDK. So you can post a question about it to Lync MSDN forum, maybe thay can help you.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/uc

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, October 17, 2011 2:31 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:57 AM

All replies

• by clicking on "Display Voicemail Options" on "Phone" tab you can setup different voicemail rules, but not diferent voicemail greeting based on presence.

not aware of addon, but there could be. I would presume using UCMA something could be done.

as far as future plans, msft has begun to take the apple approach to the future: quiet. ;-)

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public
    • Proposed as answer by Matt LandisMVP Friday, October 14, 2011 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:52 PM
  • At present, Lync has no this options. But I think maybe it can be developed using LYNC API SDK. So you can post a question about it to Lync MSDN forum, maybe thay can help you.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/uc

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, October 17, 2011 2:31 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 1:57 AM