Install Pending on Primary Distribution Point RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a package from an MSI using the Package From Definition feature, and am attempting to add the package to my primary distribution point (not a branch).  The package is staying stuck in an "Install Pending" state.  I have completely disabled AV software and attempted to update the distributon point, as well as re-creating and trying again to add the package, still I'm stuck on Install Pending.  I have checked the distmgr.log but I don't see any events from todays date logged.  Does anyone have any ideas on this?  I'm new to SCCM and pretty much out of ideas at this point as to what might be causing this.  Everything I'm reading online seems to point to this happening on branch servers, but never on the primary DP, which is where I am having the issue.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:26 PM

Answers

• I would suggest you to check the configuration DP and have a look at site system status. Would you be able to see any errors? All the SCCM services are running? sitecomp.log for more details..

Anoop C Nair - Twitter @anoopmannur

MY BLOG:  http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com

SCCM Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by ESUCP ITS Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:10 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:49 PM

All replies

• I would suggest you to check the configuration DP and have a look at site system status. Would you be able to see any errors? All the SCCM services are running? sitecomp.log for more details..

Anoop C Nair - Twitter @anoopmannur

MY BLOG:  http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com

SCCM Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by ESUCP ITS Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:10 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:49 PM
  • If your site is a  multi-site  Hierarchy site then you need to also look other log files like Sender.log and Replmgrr.log file.

You should take advantage of flow charts and see where is the problem....

Below is the Software Distribution Flow charts... Hope this will helps you to start when you have no clues.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb932214.aspx

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:10 PM
  • Thanks An00p!  I took a look at my services and saw that one of the SMS services was in a "stopping" state.  Rebooted my SCCM server and tried again - package went right through with no problems.
    • Proposed as answer by PaddyMaddy Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:31 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:11 PM