none
booting with out a CD/DVD drive RRS feed

• Question

•  Well I am trying to boot up a computer that has a virus on it(the virus stops all activity and brings up trillions of popups)so we can wipe the hard dive and reinstall every thing. The thing is the CD/DVD drive is broken and I don't have the money to replace it or get an external one.We have tried booting off of a removable disk drive the computer found it but it failed every time the exact message was failed to load media the other option was to boot from network well know one in our house knows how to do that. I need some one to describe to me the easiest way to boot with out a CD/DVD drive I don't know very many computer terms so please try to make it understandable for someone that is new to computers. We are useing windows XP professional.   
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:11 PM

All replies

• Here is a link to a website that shows you how to setup a USB drive to install Windows XP:

http://www.ocia.net/articles/xpflashdrive/page1.shtml

GA P35 DQ6 Mb, Intel Wolfdale 8600 3.33Ghz C2D CPU., 4x2Gb Mushkin DDR2 1066 PC2 8500 Ascents Memory Mods., PNY-nVidia GE Force 8800 GTS (640MB), 4-Western Digital Caviar SATA(2) HDD's (internal), 1 EIDE-USB External; Hauppauge PVR 1600 TV tuner, Dual Monitor: (1) Standard up top, (1) WideScreen below; Altec Lansing Speakers. Here Kitty, Kitty...that's my Kitty Kat, he's a Kat, because he is kat...kat.
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:09 PM