Change Outlook Icon in Task bar? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Win 10 and Outlook 2016.  The issue is that the Word 2016 Icon is so similar to the Outlook 2016 when both are open in the task bar, it gets confusing.  Is it possible to change the icon ONLY when it is open in the task bar?  I know that I can create a new shortcut for the start menu, desktop etc that where I can change how the icon image looks.  But it seems like doing so when it's in the task bar is difficult?  I googled this and nothing comes up for me doing this in the task bar, only creating new shortcuts.  Also, I am not trying to change the 'New Mail' icon, just the program icon in the task bar.

Thanks!

• Moved by Steve Fan Friday, January 26, 2018 3:55 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 2:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this: https://www.outlook-tips.net/tips/change-outlook-2013s-icon/ it works when I tested in my Outlook 2016 + Win 10.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, January 29, 2018 10:09 AM
    Friday, January 26, 2018 3:51 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 2, 2018 2:09 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Hello - Didn't work.  Still 'working' as before.  When I tried this fix, it changes the icon only the icon PINNED to the taskbar.  Not the icon showed when the program is open and running in the task bar if that makes sense.  When it's open in the taskbar with open email messages etc, it's still using the default blue outlook icon.
    Friday, February 2, 2018 3:18 PM
  • >>When I tried this fix, it changes the icon only the icon PINNED to the taskbar. 

The icon is required to be pinned to the taskbar, otherwise the above method will not work.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:54 AM