Transfer Button Missing from Skype for Business client- Unable to do Transfer RRS feed

• Question

• We are facing an issue with  Call Transfer 

the button is greyed out ( Not clickable) when my endpoint  is in a conference.

Example

1: test01@domain.com logged in to the machine and when I do a peer to peer call with a colleague , Transfer button shows.

2: Test01@domain.com logged into the machine and when test01 is pulled in to a conference OR He creates a conference , transfer button is greyed out functionality cannot be used.

Voice policy - Enable Transfer is checked.

Conferencing policy is un restricted for the test user.

Enterprise voice is enabled for the accuount

Environment : Lync 2013 + SFB 2015

Account in picture is in Lync2013 Pool . Tested with multiple accounts. 

Linus

• Edited by Liinus Friday, June 3, 2016 11:45 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 11:40 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

I had to admit that there was one check , which i missed while testing ( Not sure thats the reason but this is what fixed  the issue). 

The test account did not have an additional number in the phone options->Tools->Phone. After entering a number there and when initiated a conference i was able to get the  transfer button- But had only option to transfer the call to that particular number which i entered. 

When doing a peer to peer call and initiated transfer , I am getting option to enter any number i like. 

This behavior was not expected , so did not test it in similar way. 

Linus

• Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Saturday, July 9, 2016 3:20 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2016 12:28 PM

All replies

• Hi, please confirm that you have latest version of SFB client. This was an issue in client on update earlier than January 2016.

Current update don't have this issue

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Friday, June 3, 2016 1:21 PM
  • Hi, 

Checked version , i am with the laest Client update. Also checked with SFB2016 client as well no luck. Still greyed out.  Moved the account to  SFB pool , still see the same behaviour. 

Linus

Friday, June 3, 2016 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

Base on my test in my product and lab environment, when during a SFB meeting, the call transfer button is greyed, but not during a normal SFB call. 

@Off2work, would you please share the version of SFB Server and client to help to troubleshoot the issue?

Try to update SFB Server to the latest version and then test again.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 6, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Hi Eason,

SFB client version is 16.0.6828.1019 (64-bit version)

SFB server version is 6.0.9319.235 (CU4 I think)

Tested both meet now and true Join SKype Meeting link and is working fine.

No sure if it helps, but the issue .net (KB3142036)update not installed on any Skype servers

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, June 6, 2016 7:17 AM
  • Thank you Eason and Off2work, I  checked with one working environment and i cannot find this kb installed on that..

I checked with the problematic env, this KB was  not installed there as well.

Linus

Monday, June 6, 2016 9:20 AM
  • Hi ,

I had to admit that there was one check , which i missed while testing ( Not sure thats the reason but this is what fixed  the issue). 

The test account did not have an additional number in the phone options->Tools->Phone. After entering a number there and when initiated a conference i was able to get the  transfer button- But had only option to transfer the call to that particular number which i entered. 

When doing a peer to peer call and initiated transfer , I am getting option to enter any number i like. 

This behavior was not expected , so did not test it in similar way. 

Linus

• Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Saturday, July 9, 2016 3:20 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2016 12:28 PM