Default date dimension member RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there a way to set a default member in the date dimension so that it will be automatically observed by Excel as a filter?

I have a stock cube which shows stock levels by day. At the moment, users have to change the day filter manually in the Pivot. I'd like it so that it refreshes automatically based on a cube setting so that it is centralised.

It appears I can set a default member for the date attribute, but without selecting date as a specific filter it shows the last non empty value (as defined by the cube structure). I need it to show the stock as per the specific date.

I've accomplished this before using vba in the Excel file, but wondered if there was a better method. Unfortunately named sets don't work in Excel as filters and I don't want to see the date on the rows/columns.

Many thanks,

Matt

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Matt,

I had the same problem and resolved it by adding an attribute Progressive_Date to date dimension which is set to 0 for current date every night by batch import.

So, in the excel report filter I can statically filter Progressive_Date=0.

Furthermore, if you want to visualize the date corresponding to Progressive_Date=0 on the Excel sheet. you can use CUBEVALUE function referring to formula which calculates the date.

Does it fit for you?

bye

Norman
    • Marked as answer by MAQ1 Friday, April 15, 2011 8:22 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

I had the same problem and resolved it by adding an attribute Progressive_Date to date dimension which is set to 0 for current date every night by batch import.

So, in the excel report filter I can statically filter Progressive_Date=0.

Furthermore, if you want to visualize the date corresponding to Progressive_Date=0 on the Excel sheet. you can use CUBEVALUE function referring to formula which calculates the date.

Does it fit for you?

bye

Norman
    • Marked as answer by MAQ1 Friday, April 15, 2011 8:22 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:33 AM
  • Thanks Norman!

Matt

Friday, April 15, 2011 8:23 AM