Exchange Archive Drive is Full RRS feed

• Question

• My Exchange Archive Database drive d filled up over night and by Database was dismounted. The Database on the log files are on the same drive. I tried moving the log file to the C:/  but it did not free up much space

when i run and eseutil /mh on the database files it said dirty shutdown. The eseutil /mh logs files are okay.

When i try the eseutil /r for log file there is no space left on disk

I was trying to avoid doing the eseutil /p

How can i get around this. I need my archive database up and running.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:47 PM

Answers

• I was able to remove the catalog file and mount the database. I found that there is a lot of data in the dumpster.

Using thie following  command  to clean up dumpser. then i will defrag  the database using eseutil .

Get-Mailbox -Organization xxx  | Search-mailbox -SearchDumpsterOnly -DeleteContent

• Marked as answer by lyle mark Friday, March 8, 2013 12:44 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 12:44 PM

All replies

• Move the logs you dont need manually, free up some space and see if you can then mount the store:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240145

How to remove Exchange Server transaction log files

Do not delete the logs, move them to another directory. Also do you have a recent full backup?

Twitter!:

Thursday, March 7, 2013 11:22 PM
  • I tried movnig the logs before this did not work. The database did not mount. I was able to move the database and the log files to an non exchange server and ran eseutil to bring it to a clean state and defrag but this did not reduce the size.  I need a way of mounting it remotely to clean up some space and defrag again.This is exchange 2010 sp1. Is this possible

Friday, March 8, 2013 9:28 AM
  • IF not can i install exchange on the other server, mount the database create some new mailbox space. Defrag again then move the db back to the old server. How can i achieve this.

Else can i move the catalog files to another drive on the server just to mount the database

• Edited by lyle mark Friday, March 8, 2013 10:41 AM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 10:04 AM
  • I was able to remove the catalog file and mount the database. I found that there is a lot of data in the dumpster.

Using thie following  command  to clean up dumpser. then i will defrag  the database using eseutil .

Get-Mailbox -Organization xxx  | Search-mailbox -SearchDumpsterOnly -DeleteContent

• Marked as answer by lyle mark Friday, March 8, 2013 12:44 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 12:44 PM
  • Thanks for sharing the solution

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:00 AM