none
GPO -> Microsoft automatically disables addins RRS feed

• Question

• I have several addins, that we use, but outlook considers these apps to slow and automatically disables them from time to time.
    Can I prevent that from group policY?.. I have the newest administrative templates for office 2013.
    But I can't find one that disallows automatic disabling of addins

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We can enable the List of managed add-ins and add the add-ins you want to keep enabled in the list. This policy setting allows you to specify which add-ins are always enabled, always disabled (blocked), or configurable by the user.

To enable this policy setting, provide the following information for each add-in:

In "Value name," specify the programmatic identifier (ProgID) for COM add-ins.

To obtain the ProgID for an add-in, use Registry Editor on the client computer where the add-in is installed to locate key names under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins.

In "Value," specify the value as follows:

To specify that an add-in is always disabled (blocked), type 0.

To specify that an add-in is always enabled, type 1.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:59 AM