none
Filter Details web part on Project Site by the Project name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to show the summary tasks of the project plan in a details web part in the project site. When i save the template and create a new project with the new site template. When i open the project site in the new project, i see the details web part but the data in the web part is of the old project. I have manually edit the webpart and select the current project now.

Can anyone tell me how to automatically configure the selection of projects by the project name in the details web part added.

Regards,

Saurav

Thursday, November 26, 2015 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Saurav,

Did you create your site template based on a site attached to an existing project? In case you did that, this is the wrong way, since it will keep the original project GUID.

The right way is to create a brand new project site using the project site template and then customize it before saving it as a template.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, November 26, 2015 12:48 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume,

I will try by creating a new site as mentioned. Will let you know if it worked.

Thanks and Regards,

Saurav

Thursday, November 26, 2015 1:02 PM
  • Dear Guillaume,

When i create a new site from using the Project Site Template, i do not see Issue,Risk, Deliverable, Calendar and other links. Can you tell me how to add them?

Regards,

Saurav

Thursday, November 26, 2015 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

It could be that they are simply not displayed in the quick launch menu. Navigate to the site content from the gear icon, then click on the risk list, go to the list settings, navigation, and select the option to display the list in the menu.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, November 26, 2015 1:52 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

On creating the site template, all the risk, issue, deliverable links appeared, but still in the details webpart i get project data of some other project.

Regards,

Saurav

Friday, November 27, 2015 4:42 AM