Network Connection Could Not Be Found at login RRS feed

• Question

• I have a single user that is having drive mapping problems.  We have a user script that runs at login:

@echo off
    net use P: /delete
    net use k: /delete
    net use m: /delete
    net use g: /delete
    net use h: /delete
    net use i: /delete
    net time \\tmafs01 /set /yes
    NET USE G: \\TMAfs02\apps
    NET USE H: /home
    NET USE I: \\tmafs02\common
    NET USE K: \\tmafs02\dev
    NET USE M: \\tmafs02\tis
    NET USE P: \\tmafs02\pictures

cls

When this user logs in, on W7 she receives the message alert "Cannot reconnect to network drives."  If she tries on another machine same thing, if she tries on an XP machine, it gives the "network connection could not be found" message 2250.

She's the only one currently having this problem and we only noticed it when she complained of not being able to login to the terminal properly.  We back tracked it to this, but I can't sort out what about her ID and this login script is causing this problem.  Locally I could understand if the drives weren't disconnected properly, but across multiple machines with the same ID?  Permissions of some kind?

Thanks.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:30 PM

Answers

• I've read that, it's kind of similar.

So here's what's happened.  Unbeknownst to me, someone added this same script into the GPO for all our regular users.  So even removing the batch file from her profile in AD wouldn't have helped.  So I removed her from the AD group she was in temporarily, AND remove the batch file from her login, so there was no way she'd map any drives upon login.

Had her reboot, all worked.  No drives other than C: and H: (home drive, set in AD.)

Then I manually ran net use to map a drive.  It worked fine.  Then used it to delete the drive.  Worked okay.  Then ran the user.bat file, it threw all those errors.

Still a script problem?  The script is just all these net use commands.  I'm not convinced it's a scripting issue.

• Proposed as answer by tracycai Monday, August 27, 2012 8:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:36 AM
    Friday, August 24, 2012 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you ask this question in the Microsoft Script Forum for further discussion.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali

Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:22 AM
  • Hi,

The error message indicates this network connection does not exist.

Please check out the replies in this post and see if that helps.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/thread/b611f1e0-2364-455c-b2ae-e6bd0c73bb86

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by tracycai Friday, August 24, 2012 3:33 AM
    Friday, August 24, 2012 3:32 AM
  • I've read that, it's kind of similar.

So here's what's happened.  Unbeknownst to me, someone added this same script into the GPO for all our regular users.  So even removing the batch file from her profile in AD wouldn't have helped.  So I removed her from the AD group she was in temporarily, AND remove the batch file from her login, so there was no way she'd map any drives upon login.

Had her reboot, all worked.  No drives other than C: and H: (home drive, set in AD.)

Then I manually ran net use to map a drive.  It worked fine.  Then used it to delete the drive.  Worked okay.  Then ran the user.bat file, it threw all those errors.

Still a script problem?  The script is just all these net use commands.  I'm not convinced it's a scripting issue.

• Proposed as answer by tracycai Monday, August 27, 2012 8:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:36 AM
    Friday, August 24, 2012 2:41 PM