Alternatives to advanced calling features for Lync 2010 hoster pack....? RRS feed

• Question

• I see that the lync hoster pack is lacking at lot of the advanced calling features such as response groups, private lines, and call park which I think are important features to have if it was going to replace a traditional PBX. 

Does anyone know if Microsoft plans on changing this to include these features or does anyone know an alternative to get these features with some tweaking or maybe third party software?

Sunday, July 15, 2012 10:30 PM

All replies

• MS never makes its road maps available publicly so anything you hear is going to be hearsay. However, since the next version of Lync is around the corner you may get some insight into what, if any, changes are planned for the next version without having to wait too much longer.
    • Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, July 30, 2012 2:21 AM
    Monday, July 16, 2012 3:30 AM
  • Hi,

In fact, you can deploy a Lync server enterprise edition instead of the currect lync hosted pack. Do you have to deploy lync hosted pack for your company?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:07 AM
  • We do offer hosted exchange services and was wanting to offer Lync with it. I know you can deploy Lync enterprise and use the AD groupId attributes to segregate the look-ups, but that doesn't actually stop someone from tenant-a talking to tenant-b if they know their email address.

Do you have maybe some pros / cons with implementing just enterprise with Exchange 2010 SP2 with ABP's instead of the hosting pack?

thanks!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:18 AM