Exchange 2013 UM in all servers? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a basic question.. I hope somebody can help me... :)

I want to integrate Exchange 2013 with Lync 2013

I have a large organization with several Exchange mailbox and CAS servers. I was used to configure UM in Exchange 2010 where only one server had the UM rol, but now in Exchange 2013 all servers are UM so my question is,

Do I have to configure Exchange UM certificate in all Exchange servers because the user can be in any mailbox server? or can I configure only a few servers and this servers will route the message to the user even if that mailbox server is not UM?

I hope my question is clear.. English is not my first lenguage

Thanks in advance

Isaac

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:58 PM

Answers

• Can I use only one certificate with all my servers names in the Subject Alternate? Or do I need 30 different certificates, one per server?

Thanks

You can test it out, but I have found that the OWA/IM integration doesn't work well unless the primary  subject name matches the FQDN of the server.
    • Marked as answer by Soquete Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:37 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi

I have a basic question.. I hope somebody can help me... :)

I want to integrate Exchange 2013 with Lync 2013

I have a large organization with several Exchange mailbox and CAS servers. I was used to configure UM in Exchange 2010 where only one server had the UM rol, but now in Exchange 2013 all servers are UM so my question is,

Do I have to configure Exchange UM certificate in all Exchange servers because the user can be in any mailbox server? or can I configure only a few servers and this servers will route the message to the user even if that mailbox server is not UM?

I hope my question is clear.. English is not my first lenguage

Thanks in advance

Isaac

Every server that may hold a database for a UM enabled mailbox. 
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:59 PM
  • Can I use only one certificate with all my servers names in the Subject Alternate? Or do I need 30 different certificates, one per server?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:27 PM
  • Hi

Yes you should have a single certificates with all the servers as SAN or can have a single wildcard certificates.

thanks

Syed

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Syed Abdul Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:31 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:31 PM

Thanks

You can test it out, but I have found that the OWA/IM integration doesn't work well unless the primary  subject name matches the FQDN of the server.
    • Marked as answer by Soquete Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:37 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:33 PM