black screen at start up RRS feed

• Question

•  

i have a problem when i login i have a black screen and no desktop and no contral paneel and no icons or background

i have tried 4 sysem restores and still problem occurs i need help urgently as i got this laptop for college and it seems that when ever i get an update it the wall and dosn't work

i am very angry about this as from wot i read it seams to be happening to alot of people and they go back to an update they recieve

i feel very angry about this and feel i have been ripped off by microsft

if aby one has an other ideas or suggestion on how do fix this problem pplease help urgently

Thursday, October 2, 2008 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi

Do you have a Vista installation disk, or did this laptop come with Vista pre-installed?

If Vista was pre-installed, I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the computer and ask about what recovery options were pre-configured on the computer.

Recovery options are set up by the computer manufacturer and these can vary, depending on the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 10:28 PM