Cannot update windows RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I try to manually update windows I get errors found 80072EFD and 80070002
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 5:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi mate.

Did you try to google it a bit? Both errors are related to Windows Update.

First error is directly related to Windows Update, please check this page and make sure you follow the recommendations step by step:

Windows Update error 80072efd

The second error is related to windows temp files which you should delete prior you start another upgrade:

Windows Update error 80070002

Please follow steps and try again. Goodluck.

Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people. This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 6:52 PM
  • Fixed second error, but when i run windows update troubleshooter it fixes 3 things and gives me windows update error 0x80070057 not fixed.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:21 PM
  • Could you try Microsoft FixIt:

0x80070057

Are you trying clean install or direct upgrade?

Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people. This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:40 PM
  • I had not updated the computer in a while so i decided to do it now and got the previous errors. I followed the guides and managed to fix the second error.  For the first error i am supposed to use windows update troubleshooter. I download and use it, but it finishes fixing 3 things and saying windows update error 0x80070057 not fixed.

Also I tried fixit and it does not seem like it did anything

One more thing, the message when trying to update changed. Now it says windows could not search for new updates.

• Edited by Username215 Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:08 PM
  • Hi ,

Please refer to the following similar thread and check if any helps:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/53a1f2ab-037b-438e-a690-00a0e745730d/windows-7-update-error-0x80070057?forum=w7itprogeneral

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:56 AM