none
FAST CERTIFICATE Question RRS feed

• Question

• My fast certificate which has has a default value of 1 yr will expire this month. I know the procedure of renewing it which i can do. My question is what happens when it expires ?  

Does crawling stops ?

Does it stops serving queries ?

Just curious ??

Thanks,

Thursday, April 5, 2012 3:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• The Content SSA won't be able to communicate with the FAST server so you won't be able to crawl content once the certificate expires. You will still be able to query content that's already in the search index.
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:31 PM
  • Hi,

I will not debate why or when you should use certificates in my answer (as I wrote a sub-section on that in Working with FS4SP), but as you are using the self-signed certificate, I wrote a blog post on how to extend this to 100 years or what ever you would like, in order to set-it-and-forget-it.

It's quite annoying when it expires as the log messages you see don't really point out the exact error :)

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/

• Marked as answer by Jazz Man Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:27 PM
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 6:38 PM
  • Agreed Mikael. I did renew it to 100 years this weekend and it works like a charm.

Thanks,

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:39 PM
  • Update certificate 100 year it must use on windows server 2008 r2 Enterprise it work for me other edition windows not work.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Yes, I did check that before increasing the validity and we are good.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:06 PM