SSAS Actions in sharepoint site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everbody,

I have created reporting Action in SSAS Cube.
    and created proclarity report out of ssas cube,  i can perform that  action in PAS,

but when i created PPS dashboard using the proclarity report, and later on deployed into sharepoint site.

But now my problem is i am no more able to perform Reporting Action now

Kindly help me out

Thanks and regards

Praxy

• Edited by Prasanna K J Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:04 AM Grammer
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 8:16 AM

All replies

• So are you saying that you see the additional actions in PAS on the ProClarity view, but you are not seeing it when you reference the ProClarity view in the dashboard?  Do you see the action when you Preview the dashboard?

Have you tried setting up the ProClarity view as an Analytical Chart instead and tested it this way?  Is there something specific that you are able to do with the report customization that you are unable to do with the Analytical Chart?  I know the customizations and control of the report items in PPS is very limited.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 1:48 PM
  • So are you saying that you see the additional actions in PAS on the ProClarity view, but you are not seeing it when you reference the ProClarity view in the dashboard?  Do you see the action when you Preview the dashboard?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for u r reply,
    yes this is exact problem wat i am facing..

even after preview of dashboard i am unable to see action button..

so how to make that action button visible after deploying the proclarity report to dashboard.

Thanks and Regards
    Prasanna KJ

Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:11 AM
  • When you view the ProClarity View are you using web professional?  I believe you will only see the actions with the professional client and not the standard.  When you view the report in PPS it is displayed in the standard mode.  You would need to launch the professional client (Using Customized ProClarity Views in a PPS Dashboard).

The do have the ability to access cell-level actions (Analysis Services Actions and Drillthrough Capabilities Supported in PerformancePoint) within the analytical charts and grids within PPS, but you are unable to access actions on dimension members.  Do you have the action setup on a dimension member?  As an alternative you would possibly have to look at setting up a SSRS report to maybe get at this type of interaction because I am assuming launching web professional will not be an option for all of your users.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Prasanna K J Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:01 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Prasanna K J Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:01 PM
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:43 AM