none
Exchange Server 2007 Journal Restore RRS feed

• Question

• I am restoring an Exchange 2007 Journal Mailbox to a lab environment.  From there, I want to restore any e-mails with a specific smtp address to a target folder under a mailbox I've created.   Basically I want to restore any e-mails with user1@domain.com as the SMTP address (to, or from) to a target folder from the RSG.

Any ideas?

Monday, August 31, 2015 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you means that restore mailbox message which contain user1@domain.com to a target folder under another mailbox?
    If I misunderstand your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Please run below command to test :

Restore-Mailbox -Identity Scott -MSGDatabase MSGDatabase -RecipientKeywords "user1" -SenderKeywords "user1" -RecoveryMailbox John -TargetFolder Recovery

Note: this example restores only the mail with the recipient "user1", with sender containing the word "user1" in John's mailbox into Scott's mailbox under the Recovery folder.

More details about "How to Recover an Exchange 2007 Mailbox", for your reference: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795895.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:02 AM