none
configuring second router in hyper v RRS feed

• Question

• finally I have my test lab working, well almost.  My setup is Server 2012 with Hyper V and Server Essentials 2012 running in virtual mode. All this is on our SBS 2011 network. There is router 1 on the SBS server going to the internet and router 2 on the server 2012 hyper v.  I can get to the internet on Server 2012 and Server Essentials 2012 but when I went to set up Anywhere Access on the server Essentials 2012 I get a error message 

I have tried re-running the Anywhere Access but it fails on 2 things.

1. It says 2 routers on the network may prevent port forwarding etc.

2. Also says Anywhere Access may be blocked to your server on ports 443 and 80.

My second router is a Netgear FVS318g it's kinda old.

Does anyone know how to configure Anywhere Access on the virtual server OS.
    • Edited by Jerry Pell Friday, March 22, 2013 2:37 AM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 1:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Lawrence

TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 25, 2013 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

What do you mean about Anywhere Access? Is it third party software like PC anywhere?

Best Regards

Scott Xie

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 25, 2013 9:22 AM
  • Anywhere access is a wizard inside of server essentials 2012 it configures your server for remote access.
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:11 AM