Exch 2010 PF Migration to Exch 2013 Failing RRS feed

• Question

• I have been tasked with migrating PF's from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013.  I used the MS technet article (Migrate Public Folders to Exchange 2013 From Previous Versions) to execute the task. 

However, I would keep running into

the following issue and the migration would fail:

Error: Property expression "Calendar" isn't valid. Valid values
    are: Strings formed with characters from A to Z (uppercase or lowercase), digits
    from 0 to 9, !, #, $, %, &, ', *, +, -, /, =, ?, ^, _, `, {, |, } or ~. One or more
    periods may be embedded in an alias, but each period should be preceded and
    followed by at least one of the other characters. Unicode characters from U+00A1 to
    U+00FF are also valid in an alias, but they will be mapped to a best-fit US-ASCII
    string in the e-mail address, which is generated from such an alias.

I found that EXCH does not like spaces or periods before/after or in the PF name.... so, I went into ADSI and modified the mail alias and the alias of the PF names for ALL of the affected PF Mailboxes to replace the items with an underscore.  I then executed the migration again and ran into the same issue.  I performed the same step listed above for the Public Folders via the PF Toolbox and then again in the Advanced settings wihin AD Users and Computers/Exchange and still experience the same result.    

The servers are in the same Forest/Domain - the mail boxes moved over w/ no issues.

Am I missing something?

• Edited by ShawnK70 Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:05 PM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Shawn

Using ADSIedit find the calendar exchange system object, and remove spaces from the mailNickName field and do not replace items with underscore

If its going to be small amount of PF's content 

Maybe exporting whole public calendar into PST and then importing it in the Outlook hooked up to the new server would do the trick?

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:47 AM
  • Sathish,

I have 41 PF's that need to be migrated; would like to avoid exporting to .pst file b/c of permissions, size, etc.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Hi 

Did you try with  remove spaces from the mailNickName field and do not replace items with underscore for calendar exchange system object.

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com

Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:50 AM