UAG Performance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there any guidance on fine tuning UAG's performance?

We are finding that no matter how we publish our websites & apps, they take some time to load. Maybe there are some counters to monitor & registry keys to tweak?

Thanks

Friday, June 11, 2010 1:38 PM

Answers

• If you are expecting UAG to deliver web pages as fast as they are delivered internally, then I'm afraid I have bad news for you. You might be able to tune the response time of the internal servers, but UAG itself does not have any performance tuning, beyond the usual CPU/memory considerations. Make sure your server is at least at the recommended config (4 GB of RAM, Dual Xeon 2.66 CPU). Other than that, there isn't anything you can do.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:47 PM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:47 PM

All replies

• If you are expecting UAG to deliver web pages as fast as they are delivered internally, then I'm afraid I have bad news for you. You might be able to tune the response time of the internal servers, but UAG itself does not have any performance tuning, beyond the usual CPU/memory considerations. Make sure your server is at least at the recommended config (4 GB of RAM, Dual Xeon 2.66 CPU). Other than that, there isn't anything you can do.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:47 PM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:47 PM
  • Thanks Ben, we're using top of the line Celestix appliances - so the hardware bits are very good. Just was curious if there was any additional tweaks out there.

thanks

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 9:31 AM