Windows Phone 8 App access to data RRS feed

• Question

• On my WP8 in my Lumia 925, if I try to use the HealthVault application, I get a screen saying "HealthVault for Windows Phone is requesting access to information in HealthVault". There are some check boxes for Optional Access, and no labels, there is a place Add a person, and fill in a name, and specify the relationship, and a box to create a record, which only gives "* We've encountered an unexpected error. Please try again." The form is not laid out in any logical way on the phone screen, so I may be missing some part of the message. I have tried checking and not checking the boxes. It does not show up as a html page, but the HealthVault for Windows Phone app itself.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:21 PM

Answers

• While we fix this bug, there is a workaround. After you tap "Sign up or sign in", instead of tapping "Microsoft account", scroll to the bottom of the page and tap "Switch to desktop site". Then you can sign in and select the records you want to use with the phone app. After you sign in and allow access, you'll be able to use Windows Phone app.

Thanks,

Kathy

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:36 AM
  • This bug is now fixed. Thanks to everyone who reported it and who had to use the workaround.

-Kathy-

• Marked as answer by Tripp3 Friday, June 20, 2014 3:42 AM
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:17 PM

All replies

• Hi, Tripp, our engineers are looking into your issue and I hope to have an answer back to you soon. Sorry that this is happening to you.

-Kathy-

Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:22 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem.

And,

In have the aplication in my Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 "Bing Health & Fitness".

I can not synchronize data.
    Use the same Microsoft account to log on to all applications.

Friday, June 13, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Hi, Tripp and Victor,

We have verified the problem and are working on a fix. We'll let you know when the fix is released.

Sorry for the problem. Thank you for the bug report.

-Kathy-

Monday, June 16, 2014 6:17 PM
  • While we fix this bug, there is a workaround. After you tap "Sign up or sign in", instead of tapping "Microsoft account", scroll to the bottom of the page and tap "Switch to desktop site". Then you can sign in and select the records you want to use with the phone app. After you sign in and allow access, you'll be able to use Windows Phone app.

Thanks,

Kathy

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:36 AM
  • Thank you, I was able to access Healthvault on my phone with this work around, and enter data.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:58 PM
  • This bug is now fixed. Thanks to everyone who reported it and who had to use the workaround.

-Kathy-

• Marked as answer by Tripp3 Friday, June 20, 2014 3:42 AM
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:17 PM
  • Thank you, the phone 8 App works now, better than the workaround.

I appreciate the quick response from MS in recognizing that there was a real problem.

Friday, June 20, 2014 3:46 AM