none
Project Online (PWA) Task Notes not visible RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using Microsoft Project 2013 Pro to manage projects.

Now i started to let my engineers use MS Project Online (Office365) to work on their tasks through PWA.

I have several projects created with tasks and on every task there is a Note with the description of the work that needs to be done.

My engineers dont use the Full version of MS Project 2013 and cant see these notes within the Web portal of Project Online (PWA).

Where can i find these notes online?

I tried to change the view but cant find any option to add the notes.

Opening a task doesnt give me the notes either.

Friday, January 10, 2014 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hello,

This is available in both Project Online and Project Server 2013 - this functionality is the same.

To update the PWA Project view, login as a user that has admin access to PWA and navigate to PWA Settings then Manage Views. Choose the view/s where you wish users to see the task notes and click it, this will take you to the view settings. You will see a list of fields available. You will see "Notes" available in the list of fields.

On the Tasks page (accessible from the PWA Homepage - Tasks link on the quick launch or the Tasks tile), click the task name and scroll down the page, the notes will be near the bottom.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This is possible, these users can see the task notes on the Tasks Page in PWA by clicking on the task name - assuming they are assigned to the task. Also they can see the task notes on the project detail page from the Project Center. Just add the Notes field to one or more of the PWA Project views (PWA Settings > Manage Views).

Paul

Friday, January 10, 2014 9:50 AM
  • Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply but i cant seem to find both options.

Are you sure its the same with Project Online , part of Office365 as it is with Project Server?

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:16 AM
  • Yes In Project online also option is there.

You have to go to the PWA Setting --> Look and feel --> Manager view select the view then Add the note field.

To perform this action you need to have Administrator right. 

kirtesh

• Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:50 AM
    • Edited by Kirteshtiw Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:49 AM
  • Hello,

This is available in both Project Online and Project Server 2013 - this functionality is the same.

To update the PWA Project view, login as a user that has admin access to PWA and navigate to PWA Settings then Manage Views. Choose the view/s where you wish users to see the task notes and click it, this will take you to the view settings. You will see a list of fields available. You will see "Notes" available in the list of fields.

On the Tasks page (accessible from the PWA Homepage - Tasks link on the quick launch or the Tasks tile), click the task name and scroll down the page, the notes will be near the bottom.

Paul

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:23 AM
  • Great, i have found it.

Now the next step.

When syncing tasks to Microsoft Outlook from Project Online, how can i get the Notes visible within the Outlook Tasks?

Friday, February 7, 2014 10:30 AM
  • Hi 

I have also done just as you have guided. but the issue is in my project I can't see the text that the resource has input in their task notes. I only see '[Resource Name]...' under the Notes Column. I am using MS project 2016 and Project server 2016.

Please help!!! :(

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:25 AM
  • Hi Ritisha,

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thank you!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:00 PM