INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR on a ASUS T3-M2NC51PV (barebone) RRS feed

• Question

connected external hw: logitech mx518 mouse and logitech 5000 pro webcam, logitech flat keyboard
    4GB RAM
    graphics: integrated geforce 6150

When powering on I get BSOD : INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR:

Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    1053

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:    50
      BCP1:    FFFFFA80420010E0
      BCP2:    0000000000000000
      BCP3:    FFFFF80001CB4AF1
      BCP4:    0000000000000005
      OS Version:    6_0_6001
      Service Pack:    1_0
      Product:    768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini032708-02.dmp
      c:\temp\WER-56144-0.sysdata.xml
      c:\temp\WER429A.tmp.version.txt

But: if I disconnect the mouse "physically" before powering up, then everything works OK, windows boots normally
    When windows is booted I connect the mouse again, and it works as expected.

Another  thing I noticed: the power button can do a sw-shutdown if mouse is not connected, but when mouse connected the power button does a "hard reset"...

Checked the reliability monitor, but I does not give anything.. but from what I can remember these problems started after I had a western digital external hdd connected (via USB).

I have all latest drivers for all hw and service  pack 1,  but problem started before the service pack installation
    also I have the _long_ xml list of drivers loaded (from what you get after a bsod if its interesting)

No changes to BIOS made and no known issues according to asus homepage.

I dont want to reinstall because then it feels like nothing is better since win 95... Smile
    googled and googled but no similar problem found, would really appreciate some tips on what to do...

Saturday, April 5, 2008 5:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand that to troubleshoot the blue screen issues, we usually need to perform debugging. However, in this forum, we do not provide debugging support. If you would like to perform debugging, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS).

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request, please refer to the website listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS  

If you are outside the US,  please refer to http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Hope the issue can be fixed soon!

Cheers,

Lionel

Monday, April 7, 2008 9:44 AM