none
virtual machine in VMM on my Hyper-V host based on a template get the following error 3101

Question

• All,
    Whenever I attempt to create a new virtual machine in VMM on my Hyper-V host based on a template I get the following error:

Error (3101)
    VMM failed to mount VHD file D:\Virtual Machines\HyperV\MSL-WTS02\Blank Disk - Large.vhd on the msl-hvs01.msl.tdl server. A timeout occurred.
    (Internal error code: 0x80990C1D)

Recommended Action
    Check Device Manager/System Devices  to make sure that Microsoft Virtual Server Storage Bus is installed and functional. If it is not, install VHDMount components of Virtual Server. Restart Virtual Disk Service, and then try the operation again.

However, the image is working fine on the physical host, but the VMM 2008 reports "creation failure" and does not see the active virtual machine on host.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Liam

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:01 PM

Answers

• Did this issue get resolved?  If so, please share with community how you resolved.  Otherwise, re-activate post if you still require assistance.
    Carmen M. Summers (MSFT) --Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 12:44 AM