Issue w/ ver 8450 and the MDT Deployment Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the scenario I'm having:

I boot to a USB drive that points to my MDT deployment share.  The Deployment Wizard comes up, I pick my OS, Name the computer, pick the application I want to install (Office), etc.  The deployment injects the drivers, installs the OS successfully, and then reboots the PC and logs into Windows.  Microsoft Edge pops up and at this point usually it installs the applications after the post cleanup but this isn't happening since I upgraded to the latest version of MDT (8450).  What's happening now is it's launching that Deployment Wizard Again asking for which OS to install.  Nothing has changed in my task sequence other than I updated my OS .wim file.  

Any ideas?

***Update Have Fix***

So I went into MDT and completely regenerated the boot images and then copied them back to the USB drive.  This resolved the issue.  Guess I should have done this when I updated MDT to the latest version but I never had to do that before.  

• Edited by PPIbrad Monday, January 22, 2018 9:52 PM
    Monday, January 22, 2018 9:11 PM

All replies

• You are not the first - nor probably the last - to miss this important step. You need to regenerate boot images every time you upgrade MDT and / or ADK installations. Next time just follow Johan's Geek Guide for upgrading to MDT 8450

IT Pros utilizing PXE boot also need to remember to replace boot images on the WDS server.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Proposed as answer by Anton Romanyuk Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:34 AM
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:34 AM