none
Can a user chose their SSPR preference? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When registering for SSPR, can a user also select which is their preferred reset method?

• answering a number of challenge / response questions
    • receive an OTP on a manually entered email address
    • receive an SMS OTP to a manually entered mobile number

thanks,

DW

Monday, February 10, 2014 3:58 AM

Answers

• Hello

Yes, it is possible. I have done this before but we did not leave to the user to decide.

If you leave it to the user wether he or she types in an email address or telephone number and you have your Password reset user sets based on these attributes, then the user has influence on the way he or she can reset the Password. But I am not sure what happens if the user provides Information on email AND telephone Number so you are responsible to test it or to make sure that it is only possible to type in one of these Options. And you should also keep in mind that changing number to address or vice verse would require th user to re-Register.  

Henry

• Marked as answer by D Wind Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:20 AM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hello

Yes, it is possible. I have done this before but we did not leave to the user to decide.

If you leave it to the user wether he or she types in an email address or telephone number and you have your Password reset user sets based on these attributes, then the user has influence on the way he or she can reset the Password. But I am not sure what happens if the user provides Information on email AND telephone Number so you are responsible to test it or to make sure that it is only possible to type in one of these Options. And you should also keep in mind that changing number to address or vice verse would require th user to re-Register.  

Henry

• Marked as answer by D Wind Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:20 AM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 7:32 AM
  • yeah, been thinking about the complexity of this from the first registration, and then for a returning password reset user. with enough time & money & resources its all possible, however....

thx

Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:20 AM