Wrong time stamp when opening a incident via portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,I

I am running SCSM 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2. I am also using the portal provided by Microsoft. Several customizations have been added to the portal source code and everything seems to be working correctly besides one thing

I followed the instructions of the blog below to change the displayed time in the portal from GMT to CST.  I compiled the source code successfully and then uploaded the following files to the web server:

- Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.dll
    - Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.pdb
    - Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.WebParts.dll
    - Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.WebParts.pdb
    - Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.Common.dll
    - Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.Common.pdb

That seems to be working great besides at one spot. When a user opens a incident via the portal then on the last screen the time stamp still shows the time in GMT instead of CST.

I wonder now if anybody else sees that issue. If so how can I fix this.

Thank you
    Marcus

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:11 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:13 PM
  • The timestamp of the screenshot above should be 10:30a.m. and not 3:30 p.m
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:15 PM
  • I have sort of the same problem which I came across through a different route.  My boss pointed out the announcement updated time field was an hour early.  Checking on the scsm console in the announcements history tab the time it was updated shows as the correct time.  In the enduser portal however it shows correct time -1 hour. 

After finding this post I check the timestamp on the final request screen and it is the same 1 hour earlier than the correct time (which is set correctly on servers).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Phil

Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:07 AM
  • Does nobody have any ideas how to fix this? Not even the forum moderators?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:48 PM