Vista Ultimate Installation problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

That’s my first post here so it might not be perfect.

I have Vista Ultimate i want to re-install it to have fresh system as i just bought myself a new graphic card.

I will boot my Vista disc from bios it will load files and then Vista installation background will appear, and that's it, it should prompt language option or any other window to choose from but it gets stuck here.

When i try to install fresh copy from windows itself it will run it then restart Pc and then there is 2 option Vista rollback or Vista set-up

or to run Vista windows.

I tried both ways it will not do it.

When i go back to my Windows it will say it restored my old version as this cant be installed.

There is nothing wrong with my Hardware I checked both hard drives my graph works fine i even plug the old one back but it didnt help,

I thought my DVD drive is faulty but then it wouldnt boot from it in the first place.

There is something stopping me from re-installing my system,

Any tips or help would be much appreciate

Thanks

Alan

Thursday, July 1, 2010 10:24 AM

All replies

• It's fixed now!!

My friend had a look on the Bios.

There was something mixed there think boot prority.

Also on my Master HD there was a copy of failed installation which was causing all the problems.

We set up Bios to run my 2nd HD as master which didnt have any windows copy on and from there we could format 1st HD and install a system.

So there was nothing wrong from the Vista Windows itself really.

ALan

Thursday, July 1, 2010 12:38 PM