Vista locks up and will not boot RRS feed

• Question

• I have had Vista Home Premium 32 bit for almost a year with no problems and great results. I have had Norton AV / Spyware & SpySweeper AV / spyware installed since the Vista installation. My computer (3.0GHz Asus MB w 2G ram) yesterday would not boot so I had to boot from my OEM Vista CD. I discovered that in repair mode it would stop at crcdisk.sys. The first time I repaired / upgraded via the CD (it took about an hour) and now 95% of the time Vista will freeze up / stop responding and or fail to boot completely. I have tried to repair again on other boot and or system lock-ups and the CD states system can not be repaired and send info to MS. I use MS auto-updates and have tried several times to install Vista SP2 with no luck, is this the problem? I don't want to format and load everything again as my Vista and MS Office are registered and I don't know if I can use them again? My AV / spyware programs show my system clear, I have not installed any new hardware or software except MS updates?
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:44 PM