none
Collaboration menu option in Project Pro 2010 compared to Project Pro 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• QUESTION: Is the "Collaboration" menu option available in Project Professional 2010. I am speaking of the "Collaboration" option that presents ability to view components (such as Project Center and Resource Center) within Project Professional 2010. This option was available in Project Professional 2007.

SCENARIO:In Project Professional 2007 there is a menu option named "Collaboration". Within this menu option you could select "Project Center" for example and the PWA interface would load inside of Project Professional 2007. This same option was available for the Resource Center as well. This was a great option especially when it came time to the ability to view submitted "task updates" in the actual project plans before approving the task updates. In Project Professional 2010 this menu option does not exist but I have found that it is available as an additional "add-in" that must be purchased seperately.  

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 12:47 PM

All replies

• JamesHmj --

Please do not give anyone any money for an additional add-in!  Instead, navigate to the following URL where you can download a Ribbon customization file FOR FREE.  This customization file has all of the Collaborate commands you are seeking, all placed on a new custom Ribbon called Project Server.  By the way, this was the customization file my company gave away to everyone who attended my presentation at the Project Conference last March, or who viewed the video of my presentation.

After you download and save the customization file, do the following to install it:

1.  Launch Microsoft Project 2010 and connect to Project Server.
    2.  Click File > Options > Customize Ribbon.
    3.  Click the Import/Export pick list button in the lower right corner of the dialog and select Import Customization File.
    4.  Navigate to the location where you saved the downloaded customization file.
    5.  Select the customization file and then click the Open button.
    6.  Click the Yes button to replace existing customizations.
    7.  Click the Quick Access Toolbar tab on the left side of the Project Options dialog.
    8.  Select the Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon option in the lower left corner of the dialog.
    9.  Click the OK button.

Your copy of Microsoft Project 2010 will be nicely customized with two new Ribbons and with a variety of useful buttons on the Quick Access Toolbar.  The Project Server ribbon will contain the relevant buttons you seek.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:00 PM