none
Server 2016 Essentials Anywhere Access Error

Question

• I am trying to load Server 2016 Essentials and when I try to setup up the Anywhere Access I get the following error: "There is an error in your Remote Desktop Services settings which cannot be automatically repaired. Contact Product Support". I opened up the Server Manager and under the RDS Event Critical Error 103 this is the explanation; "The RD Gateway Service does not have sufficient permissions to access the SSL Certificate that is required to accept connections. To resolve this issue bind (map) a valid SSL Certificate by using RD Gateway Manager. For more information, see "Obtain a Certificate for the RD Gateway Server in the RD Gateway Help. I am very new to Server 2016, any help would be appreciated.

Gary Mitchell

Saturday, July 1, 2017 6:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• I reviewed your screen shot and my system is setup the same. I re-ran the wizard and received the same error. Any more suggestions? Also any recommendations on anyone that can remote in and fix this. This is above my knowledge level.

Gary Mitchell

Sunday, July 2, 2017 2:40 AM
  • Gary, you can open a ticket at Premier Support for SMB. Before you can open a ticket register an account here Windows Server Essentials community and support > Secure Registration

Mariëtte Knap
    www.server-essentials.com | Migrations done the easy way, migrate from SBS 2003, 2008 or 2011 to Windows Server 2016 and Office 365

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Mariette Knap Sunday, July 2, 2017 9:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gmmit Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:16 PM
    Sunday, July 2, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Do you know how long it takes to get a verified email when I tried to register in the Windows Server Essentials community and support site?

Gary Mitchell

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 6:19 PM
  • Hi,

I am having exactly the same issue. Configurations is as shown above. Tried a clean installation of the server two times, Anywhere Access Wizard always throws this error. Before reinstallation, everything worked fine.

Is there a known cause and - more important - a solution to this issue?

Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

@RequiemMG

If you are using a Microsoft provided domain name (xxx.remotewebaccess.com), please try to reference below link to configure Anywhere Access:
    Configure Anywhere Access wizard – I want to set up a new domain name – Get a personalized name from Microsoft – sign in with your Microsoft Account – Choose a registered name, click to select the domain name from drop-down list – follow the wizard to complete the configuration.

In general, one thread is mainly discussing about one question for one customer, as configuration, environment and etc. are different. So, if the problem persists, please post a new thread on Windows Server Essentials forum. Provide general information about your question and we will have an further identification.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 14, 2017 8:24 AM
  • I am trying to load Server 2016 Essentials and when I try to setup up the Anywhere Access I get the following error: "There is an error in your Remote Desktop Services settings which cannot be automatically repaired. Contact Product Support". I opened up the Server Manager and under the RDS Event Critical Error 103 this is the explanation; "The RD Gateway Service does not have sufficient permissions to access the SSL Certificate that is required to accept connections. To resolve this issue bind (map) a valid SSL Certificate by using RD Gateway Manager. For more information, see "Obtain a Certificate for the RD Gateway Server in the RD Gateway Help. I am very new to Server 2016, any help would be appreciated.

Gary Mitchell

I have the same problem.

The repair access anywhere wizard gives me "There is an issue with your Remote Desktop Services settings that cannot be automatically repaired. Please contact Produckt Support."
    And in Server manager I see this: The Remote Desktop Gateway service does not have sufficient permissions to access the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate that is required to accept connections. To resolve this issue, bind (map) a valid SSL certificate by using RD Gateway Manager. For more information, see "Obtain a certificate for the RD Gateway server" in the RD Gateway Help. The following error occurred: "2148073494".

I have the same setup in two other places and no problem there.

Running Windows server 2016 with essentials experience role.

Saturday, September 22, 2018 12:25 AM