Linux VM Not Booting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have converted my VirtualBox Centos 7 VM (.vmdk) to .VHD and created a new VM in Hyper-v.

However, once started all my partitions cannot be found and ultimately boot fails.

Could you advise please.

Thank you!

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 6:54 PM

All replies

• I'd reach out to subject matter experts in dedicated forum located here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=virtualization

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 7:15 PM
  • Hi Anointedone,

Thanks for your post!

As the VHD is converted from the .vmdk, please ensure the convert progress is correct and not damaged. 

As Hyper V forum is mainly for VMs created from Hyper V, I'd suggest your turn to the virtualization converter forum for better help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=virtualization

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 9:07 AM
  • Hi Anointedone,
    I am monitoring on this thread and am writing to check if the above reply could be of help, if yes, please mark the useful reply as answer, so that we can end this thread. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to feedback.
    Thanks for your time!
    Best Regards,
    Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 3, 2020 2:30 AM